Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finished!

This past weekend we headed up to Farmington to watch conference at my parents'. We had a great time visiting with them and everyone else who came and really enjoyed listening to the wonderful speakers. I took initiative to finally get my LOVE quilt bound! YAY! An actual finished product? I know this was just my learning quilt, but I have to admit that I am pretty proud that I now know how to do binding. I spent three of the sessions hand stitching it on and I think it turned out pretty good for a first-timer.

{such pretty colors!}

{hanging outside for a pic because I just can't get enough of it}

{and another picture to show the backing... did I mention I love this?}

We had a great weekend and of course, I couldn't come home without more projects from my mom's stash. :) Hopefully I can get to them between editing Brian's application essays and before the baby decides it's time to come.

2 comments:

  1. very cute! you two are going to be so blessed just in a few weeks. i cant wait to see pictures of your little one. she will be so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i love you! and it always makes my day when you are on gchat - a little taste of home!

    ReplyDelete