Sunday, April 19, 2009

Falling in Love...

I’ve been completely overwhelmed lately with how amazing Brian is. I mean, I know the guy is wonderful- I’m only a week and a half out from marrying him, but WOW! J I don’t know how in the world I ended up with him, but I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. I find new reasons every day that I love Brian and I wanted to share a few with him and all those devoted readers to our blog…


Brian is the most patient man I know. This is a quality I thought I once possessed, but after seeing the way Brian is with me and so many other people, I’ve found I haven’t even scratched the surface. The recent decision-making regarding wedding plans has to be one of the hardest things for me. I hate making decisions. I especially hate making especially large decisions for especially special occasions. Through all my stress and all my faults, Brian just slowly talks me through it and takes me in his arms to make me feel better.


That brings us to the next reason I fall in love with Brian more each day. Brian always makes me feel better, no matter the occasion. I can be stressed, excited, ornery, exhausted, etc., but when Brian is added to the equation, it all becomes something better. There is nobody else that can patiently take me from a crying mess to making me laugh and truly feel better about the situation. I’m sure this one will always come in handy!


Brian is one of the smartest people I know. I am constantly amazed at how much Brian knows about computers and, well, basically everything. It’s fun to see him play with blog backgrounds and work on pictures for our wedding. He’s starting up a website for backgrounds and loves to learn new ways to do website stuff. I admire his love for technology and his desire to keep up on the ever changing technological advancements.


Brian is a worker. I don’t know anybody more determined to do their best in everything they do. When I am exhausted or ready to quit, Brian is always there to push me forward. I have found that I have quite the struggle doing things that I don’t like/want to do. Surprised? Well, Brian has somehow got the drive to do those things and just plow right through them.


Something I really love and admire about Brian is that he is always striving to become better. Many of the qualities I have mentioned about Brian aren’t just natural. He has seen traits he wants to gain, or weaknesses in himself and then worked hard to become better and achieve those characteristics. I am so impressed by this because I know we will always be progressing together.


Another thing I fell in love with about Brian is that he is such a sweetheart. I love Brian’s sense of humor and his craziness, but underneath the teasing and the goofy side there is the sweetest core. I love that he can always tell what I need and is so tender and sweet to me. He always does a wonderful job of showing me how much he loves me.


And if this list wasn’t long enough, Brian does all these things with a humble heart. I can make lists upon lists of the things I love about Brian and all his strengths, but he would never flaunt them or even agree with me on most of them. Like I said, he is always working to become better and always seeks opportunities to become better. I am so impressed by his ‘behind the scenes’ attitude of working hard, doing his best, and often times not being rewarded for it. Hopefully I can fill that part of his life.


All these qualities won my heart and showed me how much I want to be with Brian forever. He didn’t take no for an answer, pulling his strong work ethic into the mix and was determined to prove to me that we belonged together, no matter how long it took. Along with all of these qualities, Brian helps me want to be better. His enthusiasm for life and his desire to be better is such a blessing and I hope that some of his wonderful qualities will rub off through the years! Brian, I am so excited to be your wife and I can’t wait for that exciting adventure to begin! I love you honey!

4 comments:

  1. Aw...Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper, Chels. You know, all of those qualities sound a lot like your amazing father...way to go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet! Thanks for the MUCH NEEDED update. You both are so lucky to have each other!! We can't wait to see you soon!!
    Hang in there for the home stretch :-)
    Lots of Love--Dust, Linz & Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so wonderful to be married to such a perfect match? As I was reading your blog I thought about all the people you've dated :) and thought how Brian just fits you perfect! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay i finally figured out blogging! our address is wilsonwall.blogspot.com we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete