Saturday, December 4, 2010

One Month

One month of diapering, midnight feedings, crying, snuggling and burping, that is. :) We are in awe of this little angel each day and we can't believe she is a whole month old. I guess that means we are doing something right. Or at least not too many things wrong.

{big blue eyes}

{snuggle buddies}

{we love this little outfit from the Simmons- hood and all!}


So remember how I said we must not have too many strikes against us...? Well today was definitely one [huge] strike against us being any kind of parents. Brian and I decided to get some Christmas shopping done this afternoon and got all bundled and ready to go. We finally got Avery all packed up into her car seat and Brian headed out to put her in the car with me close behind. Just after I shut and locked our front door I heard Brian shut the car door and then he shot me an alarmed look. After tossing the keys into the driver's seat, Brian had put Avery into the car and shut the passenger door just to hear the car automatically lock itself. I really don't understand why my car has that feature, but regardless, we had a locked door in the cold weather with our little girl inside. Big oops!

{Brian felt so horrible and wouldn't leave her side the whole time}

{she did pretty well considering how cold the car was}

As soon as we realized she was locked in the car and that we were locked out of our apartment (the keys were also in the car), I headed to the neighbors to call a locksmith. Luckily there was one just down the street and we only had to wait a few minutes for him to arrive. He used a little contraption to unlock our car and she was contently sleeping when we got back in. We felt like such horrible parents! Hopefully we can have a little more success in the coming months!

5 comments:

  1. Woo! We totally made the blog! She is so cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! But at the same time in your shoes i can feel the horror and stress of your little girl trapped and there isn't anything you can do! I am glad that the lock smith was close. She is still the cutest thing, i can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have to comment because I locked Gavin in the car when he was about 3 months old. I was alone and it was a blazing hot August day. I was devastated and panicked! Luckily I was only a few blocks from my house where I had left my sliding door open (luckily) and I had an extra car key. I ran to someone's house to see if they wouldn't mind standing by the car while I ran home and back. hehe :) Now it sounds so funny but totally wasn't at the time. You are an awesome mom and Avery is beautiful! Congrats :) --Rachael DeAngelo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! it won't be the last time you'll think 'oops! we're not very good parents!'
    But you guys are so cute! And Chelsie you're looking great and beautiful as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure that I got locked in the car, with it running, while I was an infant. Don't worry... you are doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete