Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Catching Up

We've been busy. Really busy. But why am I apologizing, I am probably the only one who even views this blog. Nonetheless, a new post is FINALLY here!
We have been enjoying a WONDERFUL summer together. My stomach is getting increasingly larger and we are preparing to meet our little bundle of love. We found out on May 24th that we are having a baby GIRL! And we have been looking forward to life with her here ever since! Here are a few pictures of our little girl:

{her cute little foot!}

People keep asking me if I have any weird cravings. Yes. Is it weird that I crave good books and crafty projects? I am obsessed with beautiful fabrics (that I can't buy) and the potential quilts I can make with them. I am just finishing up my baby girl rag quilt that I made from my mom's scraps (thanks mom!) and it has completely opened a can of worms: sewing.

Here is a picture of the (almost finished) blanket. It's fun that it's out of scraps even though the colors may be a little off. I'll try to post another picture of it after I wash it.

Other baby news: we have a crib! A gorgeous, cherry colored crib. Did I mention we have bedding too? Well we do. What do you think?

We also got this cute swing from my parents and are starting to feel more ready to have a baby. Another project we took up (no, it doesn't stop here) included painting our apartment. Well, maybe more like Brian painting the apartment. He was insistent that I not be too exposed to paint fumes so I was sentenced to the back room (with my sewing machine and the movie Emma to keep me company) while he did the painting. He did a great job. Thanks babe!

{how in the world are you supposed to tape off a ceiling like that?}

{oh how I love the RED wall!}

{my next 'home improvement' project will be to make curtains}

2 comments:

  1. There is a painting tool called a "2-wheel paint edger" that allows you to paint extremely close to the ceiling without having to tape it off. Saves a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the red wall! :) Impressed with Brian's painting! I know how hard it is to paint red! Also the tan looks great! Love the baby crib and baby bedding! I can finally picture your apartment now! yay!

    ReplyDelete