Monday, August 30, 2010

A party, a picnic, and a play

We had a great weekend here at the Nielsen home. Our ward party/"camp" out turned out great despite the bad weather we were hit with on Friday. From traffic to detours, we finally made it to our spot and set up our tent just in time for the rain to start pouring. The inside only got a little wet before we managed to get our rain fly on. Most of the ward came up for dinner and then headed home for bed. Only about 6 brave couples stayed the night. I have to admit, as much as I love camping, we will have to put our tent on the shelf until next summer when I can actually get some sleep.

We enjoyed a leisure Saturday just playing wii and getting the laundry done. I love Saturdays like that. We also managed to have a picnic in our front room as a little stay-at-home date. Yeah, yeah, we're silly, but we like it that way.


On Saturday night we headed down to Payson to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Brian's parents. We had such a great time together and really enjoyed the music and fun performance. Even our little girl joined in the fun with some pretty amazing cartwheels inside my tummy. She loves to move to the music.

And, of course, the weekend wouldn't be a weekend without more of my projects. All the sewing I did this weekend was hand stitched stuff. I stitched around two of my onesies to give them the homemade look they deserve:

And I made some flowers for my quilt top. I'm not sure yet which ones to go with, or if I should do a combination of the three. Here is general idea of the final product:

But maybe with a button:

Or two?


And last, but definitely not least, today marks 7 months pregnant! I am getting so excited to meet our little baby girl!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! We got a present for the little joy we have to bring over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seeing all your craftiness! it gives me some great ideas! you look great and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute stuff, chels! Will you teach me how to be domestic like you? :) Oh, and you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO CUTE pregnant Chelsie!!
    I've been so behind in the blog world - I haven't seen ANY pic of you pregnant, and then al the sudden- there you are and you are ADORABLE!! Oh and I just wish I was as crafty as you... I love those flowers, you'll have to teach me how to make one whenever we end up having a girl!

    ReplyDelete