Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Crazy Nester...

So, it's becoming pretty apparent that I am enjoying this whole "nesting" phase thing. Ever since we broke down and bought our crib, I have been exploding with projects! Brian thinks I'm going a little crazy on him, but I absolutely love how I feel. I have so much energy and a drive to get so much done. Take Monday for example... I dropped Brian off at work by 8am and then headed to Walmart where I picked out a curtain rod and some brown bed sheets. I went straight home, unstitched the edge of two sheets to change them into curtains, ironed them, installed the curtain rod above our bedroom window, and hung the curtains. I haven't hemmed them yet because I wanted Brian's input and he didn't exactly know that I was doing any of this. (SURPRISE!?!)


My morning didn't stop there though. Before I headed to work I managed a stop at the fabric store to buy the rest of my supplies for my first quilt. I took some fabric from my mom's cupboard over the weekend and decided I could make a cute quilt out of some of it. Hopefully it will turned out as cute as I imagined. Last night I ironed the pieced and sew the backing pieces and the top pieces together and then laid them out with the batting between. I also purchased some curved safety pins yesterday (another trip to the fabric store) so I will be able to baste this so I can get it on the machine to do some stitching in the ditch (there's a first time for everything right? wish me luck!!!). Here's the top so far.


On Monday night we also added a new baby item to our list: the travel system! We got the Chicco Cortina Travel System. It includes our car seat, base, and stroller. Brian was such a proud daddy and put the whole stroller together when we brought it home.

{just look at that smile!}
While he was piecing that together, I saw our new purchase as an opportunity to make a car seat canopy! I've been waiting for that project until I could measure the handles for strap placement, but I think it turned out cute. Thoughts?
{me at 30.5 weeks}

So am I going as crazy as Brian says I am? Did I mention I have onesies ready to have applique added to them? Hmmm... yup, this nesting business is for real!

3 comments:

  1. Oh look how cute you are!! And look at all the cute things you made! So excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so crafty! i barely know how to turn on the iron, im jealous. very jealous.
    you should make and sell onesies. those are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those onesies are SO darling!!! love them

    ReplyDelete