Monday, September 20, 2010

The Era of Naps...

I came to the conclusion over the weekend [with a little help from Brian] that I am wearing myself out. I know I've been busying myself with projects and whatnot, but I have had a whole mess of energy inside me that has been put to good use. The problem now is that my energy storage is getting smaller. With our little girl coming in just over a month, my body is starting to need more rest and more naps. So, while I didn't promise Brian I would stop doing my projects, I did promise to take more time to sit and relax with my [swollen] feet up. He, in return, is doing everything he can think of to give me more rest. What a wonderful husband!
Now, I have some good news, some great news, and some bad news. Let's start with the bad... I did not get my quilt bound this weekend while I was at my parents. It was the one project I brought, but my mom's rotary cutter needs a new blade and I only brought enough fabric to cut it just right.

Good news? I went to Brook's Fabric [probably my favorite fabric store ever] AND made my very first trip to Hobby Lobby over the weekend. My mom and I had a great time going through fabrics and home decor- especially the new fall stuff! I love spending days like that. Just walking through craft stores and looking at project ideas. Inspiring.

And the truly great news? I didn't spend a penny at either store! My won derful mom bought me a yard of 2 fabrics from each store. THANKS MO M! I already have one of the projects from these nearly finished and I plan on getting them both done by the end of the week. Too ambitious? I promise to take a nap in between! :)
Also, I got to spend time with these two cute little girls! They played dress up and danced around in these dresses for a long time. So cute! And on Saturday night, Abbie had a surprise visitor. I'm so glad I got to be there to see her reaction. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment