Monday, September 13, 2010

Took a Break...

I know, I know... how dare I not blog for a whole week and a half!?!?! Well, the truth is, we took a little bit of R&R over last weekend and I figured it was a good time for me to sink into a good book (Mockingjay) and give the sewing machine a little rest as well. Thursday, Sept 2, Brian had his nose operated on to fix his deviated septum. He has had some trouble breathing easily through his nose and getting surgery now versus when the baby comes sounded like a good idea to us. Well, that 'good idea' turned into this:

... for a week straight. He slept on the couch to stay elevated and to not wake me up. For the whole week after surgery his nose was blocked up and he had to breath through his mouth. No fun at all. But he was a good sport through it all, even with the added pain of canker sores in his mouth and throat.


So, he got to spend a lot of time playing his Gran Turismo racing games and just chilling/working at home for a week. A week later we headed back to the doctor and took the splints and (most of) the stitches out. Brian is breathing through his nose much better now, but there is still lots of healing for those broken bones and the raw skin.


So, after the weekend was over, I dove back into some projects to keep busy. I finally hemmed the curtains I hung in our bedroom:


I took a razor blade to our crib box:


Taped pieces of it together for thickness and painted them:

{ignore the spill down the front of me... I blame it on the baby.}

And then added paper to them to hang on our bathroom wall. These still need to be mod podged, but I didn't have a sponge brush to do it with. Maybe after work today....


My sewing machine got busy again and I started quilting on this quilt. Notice the walking foot on my sewing machine? Thanks for letting me borrow it mom! As for the actual quilting on this quilt... it's a challenge. I am all done with the white portion and I almost finished up the top brown part, but my bobbin tension got all messed up and I was not in a mood to deal with it, so we'll see when I get back to this one. My goal was to have two quilts ready for binding by this weekend... I'll let you know how that goes.


My new inspiration is this little roll of preciousness. Doesn't it just make you giddy?


And I know exactly what I'm going to do with it. The only problem is, I can't start that one until I get my project with this fabric going.


Look how ADORABLE those turtles are! :) I guess that's inspiration enough.

3 comments:

  1. wow... everytime I look at your blog first I get depressed because I'm no where near as crafty as you or creative - how do you come up with these things? and then I get inspired to be more crafty which usually lasts about a second before I realize my creativity is zero cause I don't have any ideas! :) I'll just stick to cooking - I just made some yummy zuchinni bread! Love you and excited to see you in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you making these ideas up? i loved the cardboard modgepodge thingys that was neat. hope brian is getting back to normal :) james had the surgery when he was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Where do you come up with all this craft stuff. Can I hire you to come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete