Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ode to


I know, I know, it's only the FIRST DAY of September... But the way I see it, September is the gateway month. It always leads to the holiday months which starts with OCTOBER! Oh, how I love October. I love the fall leaves and the halloween decorations. I love the corn mazes and haunted houses. I love wearing light sweaters and jackets. I love the BYU football season. And I love the feel that the holidays are here!

So call me crazy, but I'm jumping into the holiday feel. I even had a cup of hot cocoa last night to get in the mood of fall! You know, that excitement and all the planning? That's what I'll be experiencing all month long- and all next month too! I'm already picking out my holiday projects. LOVE IT!

Speaking of projects, I managed to get my rag quilt washed and mostly dry this morning before work. Due to the massive amount of lint, I took it to a laundromat and the dryers took too long so I just hung it up before work to let it finish. Here is a picture of the finished product:
{Not too bad for a quilt from mom's scraps!}

And another little tidbit of a project I did. I decided I love these flowers and I made a little one for our baby's headband. Super cute! I am planning to make a bunch of these with clips on them so I can change out the the flower colors with different outfits.
{oh my goodness! I'm having a baby!}

5 comments:

  1. I'm LOVING your blog lately - although it really makes me feel like a lazy bum. I have tons of projects that I want to do but I haven't even set up my sewing machine yet! How did you make the cute flower clip? I need to make some for Piper - we loose a lot of bows and I hate buying new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just found your blog and you look super cute! You are soooo close to your due date. That is very exciting. I didn't know you were having a girl. That is so fun :) Babies are precious. I LOVE my little boy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im officially hiring you for all my baby needs :)(whenever that will be so don't go anywhere too far) everything looks great! i noticed an "a" on one of the onezies - what will your baby's name be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was so fun seeing you at the shower! i can't wait to follow your blog with your new little girl! shannaandchris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, you need to tell me how to make these flowers!!! they are super cute and they aren't ginormous like some i've seen. oh, and I love your crafts by the way. It makes me want to sew again.

    ReplyDelete