Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Have I mentioned before how absolutely wonderful my husband is? I hope so. He deserves all the credit he can get. Over this past weekend, Brian surprised me with a beautiful hotel room in Park City. I have been telling him how I want to get away before the baby comes and he took that idea and ran with it. On Thursday night as we were falling asleep, Brian asked if we could "stay in" the next night. I said that was totally fine and that I would love to plan something for our Friday night if he wanted me to. His response was that he wanted to "stay in" in Park City and that he would like me to pack a bag. How FUN! :)

We headed up after work on Friday and went swimming at The Lodge pool and then just hung out in our sweats and watched some redbox movies together. I LOVE lounging in hotel rooms. Seriously, such a welcome break from 'normal' life. :)

Our room had a full kitchen, a family room, two bathrooms, and a very large bedroom.

The view from our balcony (notice that we are overlooking the alpine slides).


On Saturday morning we headed out for a gorgeous drive up Guardsman Pass to see the autumn leaves. The bright yellows and vibrant reds made me giddy. I love this season!


And did I mention I love this guy? Well I do!


On Saturday night, we met up with my parents and Tara & Ryan for dinner at The Garden at Temple Square and then went to The Lion King. Brian and I slept in line for tickets about 6 or 7 months ago and we were so excited to finally see it! Dinner was delicious and the show was even better!


Our seats were on the first row of the Grand Tier. That means we basically had the best view ever! Thanks again for a wonderful weekend babe! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. YOu look so stinkin cute! how cute is your husband! You will need lots of those nights out with your child gets here.. it gets so busy you forget how little you do get out alone together. But it is still so so worth it. I am so excited for you to have a kid.. you will love it.. I hope things are going well. we need to do better about staying in touch!

    ReplyDelete